Sunday 18 October 2009

Whatever happened to softly softly...

The week is about to begin again and its my 3rd week of part time - am really starting to enjoy the lovely balance. Last Monday I decided to embark on the exciting adventure of attending a music group with my Mr T. I was a little apprehensive... being a full time working mummy I never had the chance to go to any groups.

I turned up on time... first victory (get to see the other mums and bubs arrive instead of walking in sweating and puffing and not having time to check out a likely pal) and am greeted by a very jolly young lady who virtually shouts/sings at us as we walk in the door 'HHHEEEELLOOOOOOO... and before I have a chance to speak 'well you must be...' and then writes our names on a sticker and with great ceremony slaps the giant sticker across Mr Ts belly. He looks disdainfully down at the sticker and up again at her - very unimpressed. She directs us to a small room to the side and we go in and settle ourselves... turns out there is only one other attendee (popular class then), a lady with a lovely little baby girl who is not on the move yet but sits nicely. Mr T was at the shoe rack, door, pulling at the floor mats, and pulling himself up on the drum in about 10 seconds flat - he also sits nicely but not for any length of time.

Also turns out operatic dramatic bird from the reception desk is running the class... hence the enthusiasm at another attendee/victim. The next half hour consisted of her wailing out various up tempo versions of well know nursery rhymes that by the time I had figured out what she was singing and started to join in with some enthusiasm, the song was over. Likewise Mr T got quite used to banging on a nice big drum when she 'cleared the instruments away' to bring out something else and then something else... needless to say he thought 'Sod this... you're just gonna take it off me again so I would rather terrorise the small baby to my right as she can't go anywhere' and lost all interest in the show. Thank goodness the other mummy was very chilled and spent the whole session laughing at the Mr T show and then asked us if we would be coming back next week as she would if we did! Another satisfied customer for the songstress then. Unsurprisingly, not planning a return visit tomorrow.

My final thought for the evening... why do children have a knack of saying the wrong thing at such a volume... DK did the 'LOOK THAT MAN IS WEARING LADIES SHOES' yesterday... of course it turns out it was a lady with very short hair and not many curves... I didn't stop to chat. I was too busy yanking my sons arm out of its socket to get across to the other side of the car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment